Charitable Gift Annuity
If you are tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets, consider supporting Lamar University with a charitable gift annuity (CGA). This charitable gift provides you with a secure source of fixed payments for life with the remainder benefitting Lamar University.
How a charitable gift annuity works
A CGA is a contract between you and a charitable organization and is a great way to make a gift to support Lamar University.
- You transfer cash or other accepted asset to a charitable organization issuing CGAs
- In exchange, you receive fixed payments for the lives of one or two annuitants
- Typically, the fixed payment is determined according to a suggested maximum payout rate based on the age of the annuitant
- If you fund your CGA with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free
- If you fund your CGA with appreciated securities or other accepted asset, you can avoid a portion of the capital gains tax
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
Please contact us to request a CGA illustration for your particular situation or to inquire about other assets that you might be able to use to fund a CGA. You can also view sample illustrations with our calculator.